Over 17,400 plants in an easy-to-use interactive encyclopaedia!
Your Garden Encyclopaedia is a comprehensive yet easy-to-use reference tool with an incredible depth of information on wild and cultivated plants. Extensive search options, detailed descriptions, cultivation and planting advice make this program invaluable for gardening enthusiasts of all abilities. Over 17,400 plants with detailed descriptions including garden ornamentals, wild flowers, orchids, trees, shrubs, climbers, cacti, ferns, mosses, palms, aquatics, vegetables, agricultural crops, fruits, hedging and house plants. • Information on particular plants’ flowers, leaves and fruit as well as growth and cultivation tips that can be printed out for further reference.
• 7,700 colour photographs and 1,200 black and white pictures.
• Over 12,000 Latin name pronunciations and spoken explanations.
• Slide show allows you to browse through your selected plant images on-screen.
• Detect pests, diseases and disorders and find out how to treat them.
• Create and print out a shopping list of your chosen plants.
• Plan for the seasons with topical tips and cultivation advice.
• Managing your planting has never been easier with an integrated diary and other useful utilities.
Powerful Search Options
Select from a wide range of criteria to find the plants that meet your requirements. Rapidly select and identify any plant using the extensive search options:
• Any common or Latin name.
• Plant genus or species.
• Maximum and minimum height and spread.
• Key features such as the colour of leaves, flowers and fruit.
• Seasonal features such as flower blooming planting time.
• Interest and use including borders, hanging baskets, greenhouse, rock garden, etc.
• Growing conditions including soil type, fertility, hardiness, etc.
• Windows 98/Me/2000/XP Yes Pentium or equivalent
• 65MB Hard Drive Space
• 16MB RAM
• 1024x768x16 bit colours
• CD-ROM Speed 4x or faster